Hire a Temporary Nanny
Our temporary nannies are perfect for short term support to get you through a busy day or provide dedicated care over the school holidays. We also have families from overseas or out of town engage our services to help make their holiday run smoothly and give parents the opportunity to explore their destination further without little people in tow. Similarly, temporary nannies can provide professional and reliable care for weddings and corporate events.
Our temporary nannies and evening babysitters are available for a minimum of three hours a day for one-off or fixed term bookings of up to three months.
Unlike many other nanny & babysitting services, we do the hard work for you and ALL of our nannies are interviewed and thoroughly vetted through an extensive process of qualification, background and reference checks before being considered for a position with our agency. Our Lovely Nannies have a formal childcare qualification and experience or at least two years paid experience working with children, as well as meeting these additional Australian Nanny Association requirements:
- Working with Children Check (WWCC) or QLD Blue Card;
- Current First Aid certification;
- Excellent English; and
- Impeccable references.
And importantly, our nannies LOVE working with little people. We hear time and time again from our clients that our nannies are absolutely adored by their children. This is what we’re all about!
Temporary Nanny Booking Process
- Use the Book Online or Book Now button to take you through to our booking form
- Complete the form ensuring to include as much detail as possible
- Submit the form & Pay the booking fee
- Once we have checked to see who is available on the date/s you have booked, you will be assigned one of our fully vetted carers who has age appropriate experience
- Your carers profile will be emailed to you and the carer will contact you to introduce herself
- For multiple day bookings we will always try and send you the same carer where possible
- On the rare occasion we are unable to source you an available carer, we will refund your booking fee
Our throughly vetted temporary nannies and evening babysitters are available across Sydney, Brisbane, Melbourne, Gold Coast, Northern NSW, Hobart and Sunshine Coast. They can come to your home, event venue, Airbnb, holiday house or hotel. We’re a preferred partner for hotel babysitting services with many of the leading hotels.
Our childcare support can help from early morning to late into the night. We can also help with an overnight nanny requests.
Now there are absolutely no excuses – lock in that date night, RSVP to that wedding invitation or give yourself a night off. Your little lovelies will be well looked after.
Typical Nanny Duties
Our nannies are focused on caring for your children in a safe and happy environment, first and foremost. Depending on the length of care required and the age of the children, your nanny’s duties may include, but are not limited to:
- Following your child/children’s routine
- Preparing nutritious meals for your children
- Planning fun and creative learning activities such as arts and crafts
- Park, playgroup or educational excursions
- Ensuring the children’s play areas are safe and secure
- Tidying and keeping clean any child-related areas in the house
- Engaging in quality play time
- Homework supervision
- Bathing, showering and feeding your children
- Bottle feeding and nappy changes
- Grocery shopping
- Getting ready for school and pick up and drop offs
Now let’s get you that extra support you need and bring a tonne of fun into your home at the same time!
Temporary Nanny Booking Fees & Rates
Our booking fees are charged per day and detailed below. Booking fees exclude the babysitter or temporary nanny’s hourly rate.
|Daily booking fee (1 – 10 days)||$29.50|
|Block booking fee per day (11+ days)||$22.50|
|Last minute booking fee (less than 24 hours notice)||$47.50|
|*Prices listed are excluding GST|
On the rare occasion we are unable to source a carer for you, we will refund your booking fee.
Babysitter and Temporary Nanny hourly rates
Our Little Lovelies Babysitter and Temporary Nanny hourly rates are charged in addition to the booking fee and vary depending on the number of children being cared for, their age, and how many hours are being booked.
You pay the hourly rate / wages directly to your babysitter or nanny by bank transfer or cash at the end of the day / week.
As independent contractors, our Carers are responsible for their own financial affairs and regulatory obligations.
3 hours minimum booking is required.
$32.00 per hour for bookings over 4 hours
$35.00 per hour for a hotel / Airbnb / holiday booking (not at your home address)
$35.00 per hour if booking is 4 hours or less
$35.00 per hour if one of the children is 12 months or younger
$35.00 per hour if caring for 3 to 4 children
$40.00 per hour if caring for 5 or more children
$45.00 per hour – Public Holidays and New Years Eve
$35.00 to $45.00 per hour – Baby Night Nanny
$150.00 flat rate for an overnight nanny (when not caring for a baby) from 10pm to 6am.
Once your booking has been confirmed via a confirmation email from the Agency, our booking fee is non-refundable.
Confirmed booking cancellations shall incur a cancellation fee charged as follows:
- $50.00 for each day booked, when cancelled with less than 12 hour’s notice prior to commencement;
- $100.00 for each day booked, when cancelled with less than 3 hours prior to commencement
Cancellation fees will automatically be deducted from your credit card and forwarded onto the nanny to help cover their loss of earnings.
Our cancellation policy is in place to protect nannies, their time and their ability to earn an income.
Our cancellation policy helps us have a pool of nannies that is willing and able to work with families, and even commit to last-minute babysitting appointments because they know that their time is respected and protected.
Temporary Nanny Enquiry Form
Please complete our brief enquiry form below and one of our staff will get in contact with you. If you’d rather speak to someone directly you can call us on 1800 665 215.
A Lovely Gift Voucher
Treat a family with the gift of a Lovely Nanny or Babysitter. The perfect gift for baby showers, birthday celebrations, Christmas or any special occasion.