A family in the beautiful Inner West Suburb of Birchgrove are seeking an experienced, nurturing and reliable nanny to join their family and care for their happy two children aged 3 years old (B) and 20 months old (G), twice a week.
Currently the children rest / sleep during the middle of the day. During this time, it would be great for the nanny to assist with preparing some easy meals, and tidying up the areas the children have been playing in and the kitchen.
The family love the Montessori style of learning and the children will be attending a Montessori daycare. We are looking for a nanny who is familiar with this teaching style and who will encourage and be part of children’s individual growth and development. Someone who is environmental conscious and is a calm person will be a good fit.
The nanny’s responsibilities for this role will be as follows
- To care for the two children two days a week
- Follow the child’s routine
- Arrange age appropriate activities and take the children out into the fresh air to explore and play in the many local parks
- Prepare and cook meals
- Assist with some light household duties i.e. general tidying, laundry and clean floors when time permits
Start date: ASAP
Contract: 12 months with the possibility to extend
Pay: $28-30 per hour + benefits
The days and normal hours are –2 Days – 20 hours
Thursday 8.00am – 6.00pm
Friday 8.00am – 6.00pm
It is not necessary for the nanny to be able to drive, as the local public transport is very convenient. The eldest child will be attending daycare in the mornings from May, so if the nanny did drive then the families automatic car is available to be used.
The family’s expectations from their nanny are –
- Must have a minimum of 3 years nanny experience
- To have experience caring for children from 18 months to 5 years
- To have knowledge of Montessori learning would be advantageous
- Be reliable
- Display strong communication skills
- Have a current first aid certificate (or happy to obtain one)
Job Reference: LLB113
Please quote job reference in the comments section of the application form.