We are seeking a positive and calm nanny to assist a busy family in Coogee. The nanny will be responsible to care for a bright and positive 8 year old girl and an easy going/playful energetic 5 year old boy.
You must be able to follow the children’s routine, drop off /pick up from school, take to activities(when required), help with homework and prepare breakfast, lunch and 2 evening meals per week.
2 days per week, the children’s dad will pick the children up from school and return them after dinner at6pm. On these days some extra home help such as ironing and laundry will be required.
The carer’s responsibilities for this role will be as follows
- Care for the children
- Provide routine and structure
- Drop off /pick up from school
- Assist with light household duties i.e. General tidying of the house, keeping surfaces and main areas tidy.
- Laundry – Washing and ironing, folding and putting away clothes.
- Assist with homework
- Prepare breakfast, lunches and at least 2 dinners a week for the children or family.
- Grocery Shopping (occasionally)
- Run Errands (occasionally)
Start date: April 2021
Contract: 6 months with the possibility to extend to a long term position
Pay: $35 per hour + benefits
Note: Full Drivers Licence required
The days and normal hours over 5 days – 27-30 hours per week
(Between the hours of 6am – 6pm)
Hours will likely be the same or similar hours all year including school holidays, however the times may change to be more day time hours on some of the school holiday days. Full yearly calendar is confirmed at the start of the year including anytime off due to travel.Additional hours may be required from time to time, later into the evening.
The family’s expectations from their nanny are –
- 2-3 years experience as a nanny or working in child care
- Bright, calm and happy personality
- Motivated and reliable
- Speak Fluent English (First Language)
- Have a current first aid certificate (or happy to obtain one)
- Have a current working with children’s check number
- Display strong communication skills
- To be fit, healthy and active
- Able to cook healthy nutritious meals
- Full Drivers Licence and clean driving record
Job Reference: LLC112
Please quote job reference in the comments section of the application form.