A loving family in Cremorne are seeking a bubbly, calm and attentive nanny/mother’s helper to care for their social and energetic little girl aged 2.
The role will consist of helping the Mum with the care of both children throughout the day, however majority of the care is for the toddler. Additionally, some light household duties, running of errands, laundry and contributing to the smooth running of the household.
The family have a pool so the nanny must be a confident swimmer and able to supervise pool play.
Would be advantageous if the nanny is able to speak/understand Japanese – preferred but not essential.
The carer’s responsibilities for this role will be as follows –
- To care for the little girl
- Follow the children’s routine
- Play and engage age appropriate creative activities to assist in the child’s development and keep entertained
- Take the child out for walks to the park/playground etc
- Prepare meals and snacks for the toddler
- Supervise toddler in pool
- Assist with some light household duties
- Tidy up play areas and pack away toys
- Folding washing
- Run errands and grocery shopping – occasionally
Start date: ASAP
Contract Length: 3 months – possibly longer
Pay: $35-$45 per hour (depending on experience)
The days and normal hours are:- 2 days – 18 hours
Monday 7am/8am – 4pm
Thursday 7am/8am – 4pm
NOTE: flexible on days, will consider other week days
The family’s expectations from their nanny are –
- 3 years experience as a nanny or working in child care
- Childcare qualification preferred
- Have a current first aid certificate (or happy to obtain one)
- Have a current working with children’s check number
- Display strong communication skills and speak English
- Be able to speak/understand Japanese – preferred but not essential
- To be fit, healthy and active/enjoys the outdoors
- Confident swimmer
- Reliable, punctual and flexible
- Non smoking/vaping
- Covid 19 Vaccinated
Job Reference: LLC178
Please quote job reference in the comments section of the application form.