We are seeking a reliable and loving nanny to assist a busy family in Fairlight. The family has 2 happy children (6 yr old girl and 2yr old boy).
The family is looking for someone to stay with them long term, build a lovely relationship with their children and become a part of the family.
The Family would like the nanny to have prior experience with toddlers and also capable/confident at cooking a basic meal.
You must be able to follow the children’s routine, drop off pick up from school, take toddler on an outdoor adventure (park etc), assist with homework. Light household duties are required along with preparing breakfast, school lunches(if able to do a morning shift), cooking an evening meal for the children and assisting with the bedtime routine.
The carer’s responsibilities for this role will be as follows –
- Care for the children
- Provide routine and structure
- Drop Off/Pick up from school (only a 5 min walk)
- Assist with light household duties i.e. General tidying of the house, tidy of toys, bedrooms, empty dishwasher, keeping surfaces and main areas tidy.
- Laundry – (Depending on overall hours)
- Assist with kindy homework
- Prepare breakfast and lunches
- Prep/Cook a basic evening meal for the children
- Cook an evening meal for the family (Occasionally a lasagna or stew to freeze)
- Run errands occasionally
Start date: ASAP
Contract length: 6-12 months – permanent long term
Pay: From $30 per hour depending on experience
Day and normal hours – 2-3 days each week (Flexible )
Some flexibility to be given in the hours. Additional hours can be given for additional light household duties if the nanny would like this.
Note: Full Drivers Licence ideal (not essential)
The family’s expectations from their nanny are –
- 2-3 years experience as a nanny or working in child care
- Motivated and reliable
- Calm, Caring and Loving
- Have a current first aid certificate (or happy to obtain one)
- Have a current working with children’s check number
- Display strong communication skills and speak good English
- To be fit, healthy and active
- Confident Cook
- Full Drivers Licence (ideal but not essential)
Job Reference: LLF119
Please quote job reference in the comments section of the application form.