We are seeking a calm, organised and creative nanny to assist a busy family in Marrickville. The family have 2 happy, social and active boys (5 yr old and 2 yr old).
You must be able to follow the children’s routine, take to activities (when required), play and engage and help with homework. Light household duties are required along with preparing the evening meals and assisting with the bedtime routines of baths, books etc.
The carer’s responsibilities for this role will be as follows
- Care for the children
- Provide routine and structure
- ]Take to the park or organised activities/swimming etc (when required)
- Assist with light household duties i.e. General tidying of the house,empty dishwasher, keeping surfaces and main areas and the boys rooms and playroom tidy.
- Laundry – Bring in the washing and fold/sorting and putting away
- Assist with homework
- Prepare evening meal for the boys and occasionally for the family (Basic meals spaghetti bolognese, tacos, sausages etc)
- Grocery Shopping (occasionally)
Start date: ASAP
Contract: 6 mths permanent position
Pay: From $ 28-30 per hour depending on experience
Day and normal hours – 3 days – 9 hours
Monday 4.00pm – 7.00pm
Wednesday 4.00pm – 7.00pm
Friday 4.00pm – 7.00pm
The family’s expectations from their nanny are –
- 2-3 years experience as a nanny or working in child care
- Experience working with younger children and changing nappies
- Calm and organised
- Motivated and reliable
- Speak Fluent English
- Have a current first aid certificate (or happy to obtain one)
- Have a current working with children’s check number
- Display strong communication skills
- To be fit, healthy and active
- Basic Cooking skills
Job Reference: LLM116
Please quote job reference in the comments section of the application form.