We are seeking a nurturing, affectionate and fun nanny to assist a lovely and very busy family in Avalon Beach 1 day a week . The nanny will be responsible for the care of a very happy, inquisitive and playful 11 month old baby boy.
The nanny will be required to care for the baby boy. An ideal carer needs to have a bubbly personality, be nurturing and calm, fun and creative. Will need to have recent baby /toddler experience and ideally a child care qualification.
The carer’s responsibilities for this role will be as follows –
- Care for the baby boy
- Provide routine and structure
- Engage and play with the baby
- Take to activities like library (baby rhyme time), playgroup or par
- Assist with light household duties i.e. vacuuming, general tidying up after the baby and keeping the main areas of the house tidy.
- Cook for the baby , basic meal prep
- Run errands occasionally
- Family Laundry occasionally
- Grocery shopping occasionally
Start date: ASAP
Contract: Permanent / ongoing(4 week trial period)
Pay: $30-35 per hour depending on experience
The days and normal hours are 1 or 2 days day – 10hours maximum each week with lots of potential for additional babysitting.
Flexible for either Mon or Wed between the window of 7am -6pm
The family’s expectations from their nanny are –
- Have a current first aid certificate (or happy to obtain one)
- Have a current working with children’s check number
- Up to date vaccinations including whooping cough
- Minimum of 3 years nanny or child care experience
- Childcare Qualification (preferred)
- Has experience in planning fun and age appropriate activities
- To have infant /toddler experience is a must
- Be well presented with a neat and tidy appearance
- Bubbly personality
- Calm, patient, creative and fun
- Display strong communication skills
- Full Drivers Licence and clean record
- Access to recent references
Job Reference: LLA95
Please quote job reference in the comments section of the application form.