We are seeking a nurturing and organised carer to assist a lovely family in Manly. The carer will be responsible to care for two fun loving and well-behaved girls aged 6 and 4 years old.
You are required to drive for this position and have a full drivers license, the family do have a Manual car that is able to be used for school pick up and taken to /from after school activities.
Work Type: Permanent – Part Time
Start: 4th Nov
Pay: $28ph upward depending on experience and qualifications
Days & Hours: 4 day – 16 hours
Monday 3.00 to 7.00pm
Tuesday 3.00 to 7.00pm
Wednesday 3.00 to 7.00pm
Thursday 3.00 to 7.00pm
Friday 3.00 to 7.00pm
The same hours or more will be required during the school holidays.
The carer’s responsibilities for this role will be as follows –
- Care for the girls and be nurturing
- Take them to afterschool activities as required on certain days
- School or bus pick up on all of the days
- Provide routine and structure to the children’s afternoons
- Assist and supervise with homework
- Cook dinner for the children
- Bath the children
- Prepare and cook meals for the family as required
- Assist with light household duties i.e. unpacking dishwasher, general tidying up after the children and clearing up after dinner, changing and washing children’s bed linen.
- Assist with laundry when time permits and changing children’s bed linen
- Assist the family with the grocery shopping and any ad hoc errands that may need to be done from time to time
The family’s expectations from their nanny are –
- To have a childcare qualification is preferred
- Experience caring for school age children would be of benefit
- Have a current first aid certificate (or happy to obtain one)
- Have a current working with children’s check number
- Display strong communication skills
- To be fit, and healthy and have lots of energy
Job Reference: LLM95
Please quote job reference in the comments section of the application form.