We are seeking a nurturing, confident and calm nanny to help a lovely family in Alexandria with their twin baby boys 2 days a week.
We are looking for a nanny who has experience caring for babies and who is happy to work alongside mum to give her that much needed extra pair of hands, but also confident to work sole charge as the mum does plan to study and work at the times that the nanny is present. An ideal person would be pro-active, easy going and friendly.
The lucky nanny who gets this role will be required to provide a fun and stimulating environment for the children to thrive in, help mum with tasks relating the babies, to take them outdoors for walks in the pram, be active and have lots of fun with them.
It is preferred that the nanny will have a drivers licence and the families car will be made available for you to use. Although it is preferred for the nanny to drive this is not essential
Work Type: Part Time – 12 hours over 2 days
Start: 8th April 2019
Contract length: 6 months with likelihood to extend
Pay: $27 per hour +
Days and times:
Mondays and Tuesdays 9.30am to 3.30pm
Additional hours will be offered during the week occasionally
The nanny’s responsibilities for this role will be as follows –
- Sterlise, prepare and give babies bottles
- Settle the babies for their daily naps
- Assist mum with waking and changing nappies
- Play and assist the children reach their developmental milestones
- Take the babies out in the pram for walks and fresh air
- Once a little older prepare puree solid food
- Assist with some child related household duties i.e. general tidying up and helping with some light housework i.e. laundry, unpacking and stacking dishwasher, folding clean clothes when time permits
The family’s expectations from their nanny are –
- Experienced nanny with a good understanding of early childhood development
- Have age related childcare experience
- To be open and honest and display strong communication skills
- To have a drivers licence is preferred
- Be mature, nurturing and patient
- To be active, with a fun and upbeat personality
- Have a current first aid certificate
- Have a current working with children’s check number
Job Reference: LLA57
Please quote job reference in the comments section of the application form.