We are seeking a nurturing, experienced and reliable nanny to help a professional family who live on the Upper North Shore, to become part of their household and take care of the two children aged 4 (G) and 1 (G) five days each week.
The lucky nanny who gets this role will be asked to
- provide a stimulating, safe and calm environment for the children to thrive in,
- to be a good role model to the children,
- take the children to activities and have fun with them,
- assist in the running of the family household.
A drivers licence is required and it is preferred that the nanny uses her own car but the family can provide a car if necessary.
Work Type: Minimum 50 hours over 5 days
Start: April 2019
Contract length: 12 months ongoing
Pay: $26 – $30 per hour
Days and times:
5 Days – Monday to Friday- 8am to 6pm
The nanny’s responsibilities for this role will be as follows –
- Keeping the children safe at all times
- Follow the children’s established routine
- Prepare and cook the childrens’ meals / snacks and prepare some parent meals
- Drive the oldest child to and from preschool 3 days a week and to other activities
- Take care of all the children’s hygiene needs (e.g. bathing, dental hygiene). Assist in the running of the household with some light housework i.e., laundry unpacking and stacking dishwasher, folding clean clothes, tidying up, changing the children’s bed linen
- Take the family small dog on walks with the children
The family’s expectations from their nanny are –
- Experienced nanny with solid experience caring for children form 1-5 years old
- Having a childcare qualification is preferred
- To be fluent in English and have strong communication skills
- Be caring, calm and have a good sense of humour
- To be extremely reliable and trustworthy
- To be open and honest and have a strong work ethic
- To be able to swim as the family have a pool
- Have a current first aid certificate
- Have a current working with children’s check number
Job Reference: LLNS55
Please quote job reference in the comments section of the application form.