The family is looking for someone who can adapt to the babies routine, implement age appropriate activities, play and engage with the baby and assist with sleep/new routines as the baby grows.
Experience with the newborns and young babies is a must for this role.
The carer’s responsibilities for this role will be as follows –
- To care for the baby
- Follow the babies routine and change / adapt as the baby grows
- Implement age appropriate activities, play and engage – lots of singing and reading.
- Take baby to activities, library , play groups, parks etc
- Assist with some light household duties ie light sweeping/vacuuming with cordless vacuum,basic dusting,wipe-down of surfaces etc.
- Assist with family meal preparation if time allows
- Formula prep for baby and cleaning of bottles and food prep for when the baby is old enough to take solids.
- Laundry – Hang out and bring in babies laundry
Start date: ASAP
Contract: 6 mths + long term position
Pay: From $30 p/h depending on experience
The days and normal hours are – 4 days – 40 hours
Monday 7.00am – 5.00pm
Wednesday 7.00am – 5.00pm
Thursday 7.30am – 5.30pm
Friday 8.00am – 6.00pm
The family’s expectations from their nanny are –
- Must have a minimum of 3 years nanny experience or worked in child care.
- Newborn and young baby experience
- Childcare qualification (not essential)
- Have a current first aid certificate (or happy to obtain one)
- Have a current working with children’s check number
- Display strong communication skills
- Fit, Active and Healthy
- Non Smoker
Job Reference: LLR117
Please quote job reference in the comments section of the application form.