A loving and laid back family in Lewisham are looking for a part time nanny to join their home and assist with caring for their two sons aged 3.5 and 12 weeks old.
The family are looking for a reliable, mature and nurturing nanny who is experienced caring for babies. The nanny will be required to provide primarily shared care with some sole charge of both children as mum initially will be working close by so she can still feed the baby. The family are expecting the nanny to provide high quality care and provide a consistent, and caring environment for the children to grow and develop in.
The oldest little boy will be home just one day and mum aims to spend one on one time with him whilst the nanny cares for the baby.
Contract length: 8 months until 30th Sept 2019 with possibility of extending
Pay: $28ph to $30ph
Notes: Babies Experience Required
Drivers licence required (family car is to be used)
Days & Hours: 24hrs
24 hours over 3 days –
Monday or Friday 9am to 5pm
Tuesday 12pm to 8pm
Wednesday 9am to 5pm
The nanny’s responsibilities for this role will be as follows:
- Attend to all nursery duties for the baby and assist with establishing a sleep routine
- Understand and help to monitor and achieve age appropriate developmental goals
- Assist with pick-ups from preschool
- Assist with child-related household duties i.e. general household management, tidying-up after the children, tidying their bedroom, clearing-up after dinner, etc
- Assist with the laundry
- Cook nutritious meals for the children and assist with preparation for parents meals if time permits
- Assist with ordering household supplies and food and running occasional errands
The family’s expectations from their nanny are –
- Must have a minimum of 3 years experience caring for children, with confidence in gentle sleep ‘training’ and establishing positive routines for infants
- Have a childcare qualification is desired but not essential
- Be able to drive
- Have a current first aid certificate (or happy to obtain one)
- Have an approved working with children’s check number
- To speak a different language other than English would is desired but not essentail
- Be level headed, sensible and show good common sense
- Display strong communication skills
Job Reference: LLLew42
Please quote job reference in the comments section of the application form.