An ideal nanny will be caring and nurturing, experienced and calm and confident in nature. The family would like a nanny that has a positive outlook, kind and passionate about her work. The nanny will need to be a strong communicator and organised/proactive.
The nanny must have prior experience as a nanny to a newborn.
The carer’s responsibilities for this role will be as follows –
- To care for baby
- Follow the baby’s routine
- Play and engage age appropriate activities
- Assist with some light household duties i.e.
- Vacuuming, putting on the dishwasher, emptying bins and tidying as needed. Sterilising feeding equipment.
- Keeping the change tables clean and orderly (restocking nappies and wipes, wiping down the surfaces, replacing cloths, emptying nappy bins)
- Preparing pumping equipment and formula when needed. Preparing for dinner
- Laundry – Putting on washing and drying, folding.
- Grocery Shopping (occasionally)
- Run errands (occasionally)
Start date: ASAP
Contract Length: Permanent – Long Term
Pay: From $30ph depending on experience
Note: Full Drivers Licence required
The days and normal hours are – 5 days – 45 hours
Monday – 8.00am – 5.00pm
Tuesday – 1.00pm – 10.00pm
Wednesday – 8.00am – 5.00pm
Thursday – 1.00pm – 10.00pm
Friday – 8.00am – 5.00pm
The times above are ideal times though there is flexibility for the right candidate. Also the Mon, Wed, Fri could shift to 10am -7pm.
Extra hours may be required from time to time.
The family’s expectations from their nanny are –
- Must have a minimum of 3 years nanny/child care experience
- Childcare qualification, Midwifery or Nursing (Preferred)
- To have a driver’s licence and be a confident driver
- Have a current first aid certificate (or happy to obtain one)
- Have a current working with children’s check number
- Police Check
- Display strong communication skills
- Nurturing and Calm
- Fit, Active and Healthy
- Newborn experience
Job Reference: LLS125
Please quote job reference in the comments section of the application form.