A lovely family in Surry Hills are looking for a friendly, pro-active and mature nanny to collect the two children aged 6yrs (M), and 4 yrs (M) from school each day.
Once home you will prepare dinner, oversee homework, give afternoon tea, play games and get the children ready for bed.
The family are seeking a nanny who is out-going but who is also firm with their approach and who can be sensitive to the children’s needs.
The nanny’s responsibilities for this role will be as follows –
- Meet the children after school and pre-school and walk them home.
- Prepare and cook meals for the family
- Oversee homework
- Provide routine and structure to the children’s afternoons
- Assist with light household duties i.e. unpacking dishwasher, folding laundry, general tidying up after the children when time permits
Work Type: Part Time – 12 hours over 3 days
Contract length: 6 month contract
Pay: From $26 to $30ph
Days and times: Tuesday to Thursday – 3.00pm to 7.00pm each day
The same or sometimes more hours can be offered during most of the school holidays.
Extra hours on a fortnightly basis can be offered as evening babysitting.
The family’s expectations from their nanny are –
- Must have a minimum of 2 years nanny experience caring for children or had children of their own
- Be able to swim
- Be reliable and responsible
- The nanny will need to be calm under pressure as this is a busy household
- Have a current first aid certificate (or happy to obtain one prior to commencing)
- Have a current working with children’s check number
- Have great communication skills
Job Reference: LLSH56
Please quote job reference in the comments section of the application form.