We are seeking a happy, patient and nurturing nanny to assist a busy family in Beacon Hill. The nanny will be responsible to care for 3 happy children(9 yr old boy, 7 yr old girl and 2 yr old girl)
You must be able to follow the children’s routine, pick up from school/daycare, take to activities (when required) and help with homework. Light household duties are required along with preparing lunches for the next day and the evening meal for the children. Experience with toddlers would be advantageous for this role.
The carer’s responsibilities for this role will be as follows
- Care for the children
- Provide routine and structure
- Pick up from school /day care
- Take to after school activities
- Assist with light household duties i.e. General tidying of the house, keeping surfaces and main areas tidy.
- Laundry – Bring in the washing and fold
- Assist with homework
- Prepare lunches and evening meal for the children
Start date: ASAP
Contract: 6 months with the possibility to extend
Pay: $28 per hour + benefits
Note: Full Drivers Licence required
Ideally the family needs cover for 3-4 afternoons each week between the hours of 2.30-6.30pm. Also open to anyone that may be interested in a full week.
Additional hours may be required from time to time i.e. some evening babysitting.
More hours can be given in the school holidays if this is feasible for the nanny.
The family’s expectations from their nanny are –
- 2-3 years experience as a nanny or working in child care
- Toddler experience advantageous
- Happy/Bubbly, calm personality
- Experience with autism highly valued (not necessary for the role)
- Motivated and reliable
- Speak Fluent English (First Language)
- Have a current first aid certificate (or happy to obtain one)
- Have a current working with children’s check number
- Display strong communication skills
- To be fit, healthy and active
- Able to cook healthy nutritious meals for the children
- Full Drivers Licence and clean driving record
Job Reference: LLB114
Please quote job reference in the comments section of the application form.