We are seeking a nurturing, calm and experienced nanny to assist a lovely family in Crows Nest. The care will be for a bright and energetic 4 year old (G) and happy, smiley 1 year old (B)
The family are looking for some evening and daytime assistance. For the evening assistance they require the nanny to attend to the little boy, help soothe, settle, distract, nappy changes and periodically pain relief. The nanny will have their own bed and area to sleep.
For the day time assistance on Wednesdays the nanny will generally care for both children,engage and play, provide snack/afternoon tea, maybe some outings to a park /playground and then home for baths and to start the evening routine. On Friday the care will mostly be for the little boy though occasionally the 4 year old as well.
Dad does work from home and Mum will be around some the day time hours, when not running errands and attending appointments.
The little boy is currently undergoing some tests for gross motor delay. If the nanny has experience with children that have special needs or a nursing background this would be highly advantageous for the role (not essential)
The carer’s responsibilities for this role will be as follows –
- Care of both children (day time hours)
- Evening care – Feeds, nappy changes, soother and settle the 1 year old. Distraction if necessary.
- Keeping children in established routines
- Play and engage with the children
- Take the children out for walks/outings to the park etc
- Prepare and cook /preheat simple meals and snacks for children
- Light household duties – Clearing and keeping the kitchen area tidy after meals and tidying of kids toys and activities.
- Laundry – if time allows hang out wash /soak stained clothes etc
Start date: ASAP
Contract Length: Contract: 6 months – permanent long term – possibility to extend
Pay: From $35-40per hour depending on experience
The days and normal hours are.. 4 days – Approx 26 hours
Option for a nanny share (night nanny and day nanny)
Night time hours – 2 days – 16 hours
Monday 10.00pm- 6.00am
Tuesday 10.00pm – 6.00am
Day time hours – 2 days – 10 hours
Wednesday 12.00pm – 6.00pm
Friday 9.00am – 1.00pm
Possibility of additional evening hours in the month. If the night times improve the family will look to phase these out and will possibly be able to offer some more day time hours.
The family’s expectations from their nanny are –
- 3-5 years experience as a nanny or working in child care
- Child care qualification (preferred not essential)
- Experience with special needs or a nursing background (not essential)
- Recent Baby experience
- Current First Aid
- Current working with children’s check number
- Calm,nurturing and patient
- Motivated and reliable
- Speak fluent English and display strong communication skills
- To be fit, healthy and active
- Able to prepare and simple meals and snacks
- Non Smoker
Job Reference: LLC134
Please quote job reference in the comments section of the application form.