We are seeking a reliable and nurturing nanny to assist a busy family in Coogee. The nanny will be responsible for caring for a happy and energetic 14 month old baby boy.
A nanny that has a genuine love of children, able to follow the child’s routine and can interact and dedicate their time to the child and enhance/encourage his learning, development and independence on a daily basis allowing him to explore the world.
The family is looking for a nanny who adapts well, is proactive, honest, trustworthy, reliable and can commit to the role on a long term basis and become a part of the family.
The carer’s responsibilities for this role will be as follows –
- Care for the child
- Provide routine and structure
- Provide age appropriate activities (plan, engage, play)
- Take the baby out for walks/park/playground
- Prep meals and snacks for the baby and a family meal if time permits
- Light Household duties ie such as unpacking/stacking dishwasher,clearing up meals and tidying away of toys.
- Family landry washing, hanging out, folding
- Grocery shopping
Start Date: Dec/Jan
Contract Length: 6 months with the possibility of extending long term
Pay: From $35 per hour depending on experience plus superannuation
The days and normal hours are 2 days – 19 hours per week
Ideally 2 days 8am -5.30pm
(Tues, Wed or Thurs)
Additional hours can be offered at the weekend and evenings if the nanny is available.
The family’s expectations from their nanny are –
- 3 years + experience as a nanny or working in child care
- Childcare qualification (preferred though not essential)
- Young baby experience
- Have a current first aid certificate
- Have a current working with children’s check number
- Display strong communication skills and speak English
- To be fit, healthy and active
- Non smoking
Job Reference: LLC173
Please quote job reference in the comments section of the application form.