A professional, loving and relaxed family in Greenslopes are seeking a calm, kind and nurturing nanny to help support the mum and care for their 2 happy and content boys, aged 4 years and 7 months.
A nanny who is confident, patient and enjoys activities such as taking the baby for walks, spending time outdoors and providing stimulating and age appropriate educational play.
Being competent, safe and respectful while looking after the baby is paramount. Familiarity with current guidelines and recent experience with babies and toddlers is essential for this role.
The family are looking for a nanny that is punctual, honest and has great communication skills. Someone who can follow and adapt to the baby’s routine, is experienced with the introduction of solids and values healthy nutrition.
The role will consist of mostly caring for the baby and supporting the mum, taking the child out for walks, occasionally walking the eldest child to kindy, preparation of meals and snacks, tidying of kitchen and play areas, folding and packing away of boys’ laundry, loading/unpacking dishwasher and contributing to the general smooth running of the household.
The family have a small pet dog, so the nanny must be comfortable with pets.
The carer’s responsibilities for this role will be as follows –
- To care for the baby
- Follow and adapt to the baby’s routine
- Play and engage age appropriate creative activities to assist in the baby’s development
- Taking the baby for walks
- Occasionally walking the eldest child to kindy
- Preparing baby food and introducing solids
- Assist with some light household duties, washing up, laundry and cleaning up after the baby
Start Date: August, 2023 (or earlier)
Contract Length: 6+ Months
Pay: $40 per hour, including super
The day and normal hours are:- 1 day – 4 hours
Wednesday 8.30am – 12.30pm
Note: Potential of extra hours offered on other days and hours to increase as the baby gets older
The family’s expectations from their nanny are –
- 3 years experience as a nanny or working in child care
- Childcare qualification preferred but not essential
- Recent young baby/toddler experience
- Have a current first aid certificate (or happy to obtain one)
- Have a current blue card
- Display strong communication skills and speak English
- Additional spoken language (German) would be an advantage
- To be fit, healthy and active
- Punctual, reliable and respectful
- Current QLD Licence and clean driving record
- Non smoking/vaping
- Up to date with all vaccinations
Job Reference: LLG194
Please quote job reference in the comments section of the application form.