A professional, loving and supportive family in Maroubra are seeking a calm, kind and patient nanny to care for their 2 happy and content boys, aged 2 years and 4 weeks.
A nanny who is confident, patient and is passionate about caring for children. A nanny that can adapt/follow the children’s routine and enjoys planning age appropriate activities which will aid in the children’s development.
Being competent, safe and respectful while looking after the children is paramount. Familiarity with current guidelines and recent experience with babies and toddlers is essential for this role.
The role will consist of mostly caring for the children, establishing all sleep/feeding routines, preparation of meals and snacks, taking children to activities, tidying of kitchen and play areas, occasionally run errands and contributing to the general smooth running of the household.
Please note that during the first 3-4 months of this role, the mother will be on maternity leave and will be available to assist the nanny to settling into her new role, easing into sole care of the children as mum transitions back to full time work.
The carer’s responsibilities for this role will be as follows –
- To care for the children
- Follow and adapt to the children’s routine
- Play and engage age appropriate creative activities to assist in the children’s development
- Taking the children to activities occasionally
- Prepare meals and snacks for the children during the day and introducing solids as appropriate
- Assist with some light household duties
- Tidying of kitchen and play areas
- Run errands occasionally
Start Date: 3rd July, 2023
Contract Length: 12+ Months
Pay: $40 per hour + super + entitlements
The days and normal hours are:- 5 days – 50 hours
Monday – Friday 8.00am – 6.00pm (flexible on start/finish times)
NOTE: must hold a current NSW Licence
The family’s expectations from their nanny are –
- 3 years experience as a nanny or working in child care
- Childcare qualification preferred but not essential
- Recent young baby/toddler experience
- Have a current first aid certificate (or happy to obtain one)
- Have a current working with children check
- Display strong communication skills and speak English
- To be fit, healthy and active
- Punctual, reliable and respectful
- Current NSW Licence and clean driving record
- Non smoking/vaping
- Up to date with all vaccinations
Job Reference: LLM195
Please quote job reference in the comments section of the application form.