A professional and loving family in Kew, Victoria are seeking a calm, warm, reliable and trustworthy nanny to assist with the household and care for their 2 children (12 yr old girl and 10 yr old boy).
A nanny who can work with the children’s routines and assist the family in keeping the household running. The children will not need a lot of ‘minding’ ; it is ensuring that someone is there to make sure that they are ok after school, take to activities, engage with, have a break and then work on homework.
The family is looking for a reliable and trustworthy nanny that can form a special bond with the children and become a part of the family.
The nanny must be comfortable with at least 1 parent working from home.
The carer’s responsibilities for this role will be as follows –
- To supervise the children
- Follow the children’s routine, engage and play
- Pick up from school (School is within walking distance)
- Take to after school activities, play at the park etc when required (Most activities currently at school)
- Laundry (Occasionally if time allows)
- Run Errands (Occasionally if time allows)
- Meal preparation when required
- Assist with some light household duties ie keeping main areas of the house clean and tidy.
- Assist with homework -Supervisory – ensure it gets done and to help with queries
Start Date: ASAP
Contract Length: 12+ months
Pay: $35-40 per hour depending on experience
The days and normal hours are – 3 Afternoons per week
Preferred hours of 3pm – 7pm
Please let us know what days and hours suit you best ? Some flexibility for the right candidate.
Option of additional support in the school holidays – open to discussion with the nanny.
Note: Driving essential – Full Drivers licence required (To drive own vehicle – kms and petrol to be reimbursed)
The family’s expectations from their nanny are –
- Must have a minimum of 2+ years nanny or household manager experience
- Have a current first aid certificate (or happy to obtain one)
- Have a current working with children’s check number
- Display strong communication skills and speak good english.. bonus if you also speak Chinese (not essential).
- Full Drivers Licence and clean driving record (Own car)
Job Reference: LLK211
Please quote job reference in the comments section of the application form.