A lovely family in Redfern are looking for an experienced, nurturing and fun nanny to care for their two happy boys (3.5yrs and 20 month old).
A nanny that is fun and energetic and has a genuine love of children and can dedicate time to the children and enhance their learning on a daily basis. Be able to plan, play age appropriate fun activities inside and outside that will aid in the children’s development. The nanny will need to follow the children’s routine and assist with the running of the household.
Experience with toddlers and the preschool age is a must for this role. A Montessori background or knowledge would also be advantageous for the role.
The family is looking for a nanny who adapts well, is responsible, flexible, reliable, punctual and can commit to the role on a long term basis, building a lovely relationship with the whole family.
The nanny must be comfortable with at least 1 parent working from home (office separate from the main part of the house).
Please Note.. The eldest child attends preschool during the week and will require pick up at 3pm. The youngest has just started daycare on a Tues and Wed and will require pick up at lunch time.
The nanny’s responsibilities for this role will be as follows –
- Care for the children
- Drop Off/Pick up Children from preschool/day care
- Engage and play fun age appropriate activities with the children
- Prepare meals and snacks for the children and occasionally a family meal if time allows
- Provide structure and routine
- Take the children to activities/outings (ie park,library, museum, swimming etc)
- Light household duties- Keeping floors and benches clean (incl sweeping or vacuuming common areas). Washing up. General tidying. Packing and unpacking the dishwasher.
- Family Laundry
- Grocery shopping
- Run errands (occasionally)
Start date: ASAP
Contract Length: 12+ months permanent / long term
Pay: $40-45 per hour depending on experience
The days and normal hours are 3-4 days – Min 30 -36 hours per week
The nanny must be flexible to work between 3-4 days per week
Open to having 2 nannies to cover the week. Let us know what you can commit to ??
The family’s expectations from their nanny are –
- Minimum of 5+ years nanny experience or in child care
- Childcare Qualification (preferred)
- Have a current first aid certificate (or happy to obtain one)
- Have a current working with children’s check number
- Display strong communication skills and speak English-a second language of mandarin or german would be a bonus but not essential
- Full drivers licence and clean driving record required
- Non smoking
Job Reference: LLR174
Please quote job reference in the comments section of the application form.