A kind and loving family in Woollahra are seeking a bubbly, nurturing and attentive nanny to care for their sweet and energetic girls, aged 2 and 5 months. This role is a combination of sole charge care, as well as being an extra set of hands to Mum.
A nanny that can follow routines, shows initiative and has great communication skills. The family are looking for a nanny who is happy to travel with the family, both domestic and international travel.
Experience working with young children/babies is paramount for this role.
The role will consist of mostly caring for the two children. Additionally, some child related household duties, basic cooking/meal preparation for the girls, take to local playgroup, and contributing to the smooth running of the household.
The carer’s responsibilities for this role will be as follows –
- To care for the children
- Follow the children’s routines
- Play and engage age appropriate creative activities to assist in the children’s development
- Preparation of meals and snacks for the children
- Take children to local playgroup
- Bottle feeds
- Accompany the family on domestic and international holidays
- Nappy changes
- Outdoor play
- Child related household duties
- Children’s laundry
- Generally keeping main areas clean and tidy
Start Date: ASAP
Contract Length: 12 months – ongoing
Pay: $40 per hour including super
The days and normal hours are:- 3 days – 30 hours
Tuesday 8.00am – 6.00pm/7.00pm
Wednesday 8.00am – 6.00pm/7.00pm
Thursday 8.00am – 6.00pm/7.00pm
The family’s expectations from their nanny are –
- 3 years experience as a nanny or working in child care
- Experience working with babies and young children
- Have a current first aid certificate (or happy to obtain one)
- Have a current working with children’s check number
- Display strong communication skills and speak English.
- To be fit, healthy and active
- Must be able to swim
- Non smoking/vaping
- Automatic drivers licence is preferred for this role
Job Reference: LLW213
Please quote job reference in the comments section of the application form.