We are seeking a fun, calm and patient nanny to assist a busy family in Paddington, QLD. The nanny will be responsible for assisting mum care for a happy and content 2 year old boy and a newborn baby, due in December.
A nanny that has a genuine love of children, able to follow the child’s routine and can interact and dedicate their time to the child and enhance/encourage his learning, development and independence on a daily basis.
The role will consist of assisting mum as she transitions into life with two children. The nanny will be required to assist with daily routines, keep the toddler entertained and also care for the two children, so Mum can run errands etc. Experience working with newborns is essential for this role.
The family is looking for a nanny who is patient, honest, responsible and can commit to the role on a long-term basis and become a part of the family.
The family have a pet dog so the nanny must be comfortable with pets.
The carer’s responsibilities for this role will be as follows –
- Assist Mum with children’s daily routines
- Keep toddler entertained
- Provide age appropriate activities (plan, engage, play)
- Take the toddler to activities – swimming & soccer
- Prep meals and snacks for the toddler and assist with feeding
- Light household duties ie such as unpack/stack dishwasher, clearing up meals, keep play areas tidy and family laundry
The days and normal hours are 3 days – 27 hours – flexible
Monday 8.00am – 5.00pm
Wednesday 8.00am – 5.00pm
Friday 8.00am – 5.00pm
The family’s expectations from their nanny are –
- 3 years + experience as a nanny or working in child care
- Childcare qualification (preferred though not essential)
- Young baby experience
- Have a current first aid certificate – first aid for babies and toddlers
- Have a current working with children’s check number
- Display strong communication skills and speak English
- To be fit, healthy and active
- Non smoking/vaping
- Full drivers licence and clean driving record preferred
Job Reference: LLP180
Please quote job reference in the comments section of the application form.